Drawing from over a decade of experience during his tenure at Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Eric W. Thompson personally provides each of his clients with comprehensive legal consultation in connection with motion picture, television, and digital content production as well as talent representation. Eric’s firm understands the complexities and demands of the entertainment industry and strives to provide individualized attention to each client. It is with this focus in mind that Eric’s firm has consistently advanced its clients’ legal, financial and business interests in the development and exploitation of content across traditional and emerging platforms.
Motion Picture and Television Production
- Acquisition of literary rights
- Negotiation and drafting of all forms of new media agreements.
- Advising clients on new media strategy.
- Chain of title review
- Copyright and trademark registration
- Formation of business entities
- Production and distribution contracts
- Financing agreements
- Talent agreements
- Crew and other below-the-line agreements
- Location agreements
- Errors and omissions and production insurance
- Documents related to film delivery (e.g. main title and end title credits, paid ad statements, billing blocks, etc.)
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Counsel and advice on any and all issues that may arise throughout the development, production and distribution of a film or television production
- Script coverage
- Negotiation, drafting, and reviewing of agreements for writers, directors, producers, show runners, below-the-line personnel, and other talent
- Talent agency contracts
- Management contracts
- Formation of talent loan-out companies
- Negotiate and prepare employment agreements for agents, managers, and industry executives.
© 2015 Law Offices of Eric W. Thompson, P.C. | All rights reserved